Statistics Canada suggests the most appropriate rural definition as being “the population living in towns and municipalities outside the commuting zone of larger urban centres( centres with population of 10,000 or more). As such, rural is the underlying fabric for many regional economies in Canada.
The Special Areas Region of Alberta celebrates the future of rural with its Return to Rural attraction strategy.
In the Subscribers Only Section you will find:
- Tools for Rural and Northern Community Innovation
- Case Studies in Innovative Rural Business Strategies
- Small Towns, Big Ideas, Case Studies Community & Economic Development
- Building Resilience in Rural Communities Toolkit
- Tools for Rural and Northern Community Innovation.
- Rural and Youth Entrepreneurship
- Rural Clusters