This section endeavours to isolate research, analysis and best practices with respect to regional strategy development and execution.
Case Studies in Economic Diversification: This report published in 2014 attempts to isolate features of communities and regions that have overcome challenges to their economies due to impacts such as loss of a major employer. (Source: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign’s Regional Economics Applications Laboratory; Center for Regional Economic Competitiveness; RUPRI Center for Rural Entrepreneurship and EntreWorks Consulting)
In the Subscribers Only Section you will find:
- Best practices in regional planning including tourism and business licensing.
- Place based approaches to regional economic development
- Assessment and analysis of trade corridor development.
- Regional food systems planning.
- Measuring regional innovation.
- Aligning regional development and higher education.
- Governance strategies for regional cooperation.