A written Sustainability Plan provides a road map for staff and key decision-makers as they work on sustainability efforts.
It can pertain to the internal management operations of a business or municipality – or to the community plan for a community or region. There is no single formula or approach to sustainability planning. The key is to develop a planning process and functional documents that add value to the work of your community and region.
The Town of Canmore Alberta has taken a lead in Sustainability Planning in western Canada. Have a look at their Sustainability Plan here.
In the Subscribers Only Section you will find:
- Extensive inventory of sustainability plans, checklists and case studies.
- A Template for Integrated Community Sustainability Planning.
- Perspectives on sustainability in reference to industry and First Nations lands.
- Examples of Community Energy Plans and Green House Gas inventories.
- The Balanced Scorecard approach to sustainability.
- Sustainability planning for small to medium size businesses.