Virtual Workshop Series: Cluster Development 101
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
Economic development and industry organizations have a critical role to play, in charting the path towards a sustainable economic recovery. This four part virtual workshop series will introduce the relevance of economic development centered on clusters, a region’s economic strengths. The course is designed for those directly involved in economic development and for those in a support role.
Participation is limited to individuals within the Province of Saskatchewan. Pre-registration prior to March 2 is required. There is no cost to participants.
The FREE program includes a personal copy of Ifor’s 240-page Cluster Development Handbook, which will be emailed to course participants in advance of the first session.
Tuesday March 2, 2021 3 pm to 4:30pm CST
Module 1: Cluster Development – the What & the Why?
- The logic for cluster development as a cornerstone strategy
- Examples of agency supports for clusters and cluster examples in Canada, Europe and Australia
- Linking Clusters & Smart Specializations, Incubators, Start-ups
- Core ingredients of internationally competitive clusters
Tuesday, March 9, 2021 3 pm to 4:30 pm CST
Module 2: Cluster Development in Practice—the How?
The practicalities in implementing a regional cluster development initiative:
- Twelve Steps in Cluster Development
- Focus on Cluster Identification; Initial Analysis; Cluster Governance; Short Term Agenda.
- Building a cross-agency Cluster Ignition Team
- The fast track for cluster development
Tuesday, March 16, 2021 3 pm to 4:30 pm CST
Module 3: Cluster Engagement—Joining the Dots
- Informal & formal business collaboration
- Role of the cluster manager as a catalyst & connector
- Advice to a cluster manager/catalyst
- Clusters as a response to Covid-19
Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 3 pm to 4:30 pm CST
Module 4: Cluster Engagement—Taking the Next Steps
Ifor will facilitate a tailored webinar that is specific to attendees. Aspects for discussion could include:
- Identifying, prioritizing cluster specializations
- Facilitating public agency alignment around a cluster’s agenda
- Fast Tracking cluster development
- Identifying early cluster development projects
- Designing the cluster board / steering group
Sessions will not be recorded.
Inquiries: email@example.com or 306-384-5817
Ifor Ffowcs-Williams, CEO, Cluster Navigators Ltd Ifor is acknowledged as one of the most influential cluster practitioners in the world, with hands-on experience in fifty countries. Over 5,000 people have participated at Ifor’s cluster training workshops, including economic development professionals and representatives from support organizations. Ifor has been an advisor to The World Bank, EU, OECD, aid agencies and national & regional economic development agencies on six continents.
Ifor is a Founder and Past President of TCI Network, the leading global network of organizations and practitioners with expertise in clusters and competitiveness. He has served on competitiveness and cluster advisory boards for the EU, Denmark, India, Africa and Mexico.
Supported by/Avec l’appui de :