Our team is committed to the success of our members. Benefits of membership are constantly updated to reflect the our rapidly changing times.
SEDA Knowledge Centre
- Training and resources when you want them.
- Our knowledge center and online knowledge centre Economic Development Online hosts hundreds of tools and resources accessible 24/7.
- Self-paced online learning modules are available at preferred member pricing and function as a study guide for the provincial designation Professional Community & Economic Developer of Saskatchewan PCED.SK®
Coaching & Referrals
- Answers when you need them.
- We provide a basic coaching package of 4 hours with membership. Members may add on monthly subscription options or on demand coaching.
- If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for online, connect with the SEDA office and we can connect you to someone who can provide opinions and responses to your specific question.
Inspiration & Ideas
- Stay ahead of the curve with the weekly Inspiration File, a digital brief of must-read articles on topics relevant to community and economic development.
- Classroom-based education, as well as online learning options, are available at preferred member pricing.
- Certify as a Professional Community and Economic Developer of Saskatchewan(PCED.SK®) at member rates.
Connect and Learn
- Receive discounts to attend annual forums and conferences which feature back-to-back sessions designed to meet the unique needs of all of our members.
- Be proudly listed in our online member directory along with links to your social media and a community or corporate video.
- Utilize the network and Job Centre to seek out qualified candidates
- Celebrate your accomplishments with awards and profiles in our communication vehicles.
- We post Member Profiles each week via social media channels.
- Programs such as First Impressions and Business Counts will support your planning and business development efforts.
- Be proactive and leverage Saskatchewan Preparedness and Disaster Recovery Toolkit.
Gain Extra Capacity
- SEDA’s fee for service Community Consulting Services can assist you in planning, implementing and management of local or regional projects.
The Saskatchewan Economic Development Association (SEDA) has been an outstanding resource for both my community and for me professionally. SEDA was very welcoming & supportive of me as a new Economic Developer. The organization aided me in meeting my counterparts across the province and settling into my new economic development role within my community. SEDA was also there to assist with my initial training in the fundamentals of economic development, which was greatly appreciated by someone new to the profession. Every step of the way since then SEDA has been there to offer economic development support programs, information, networking opportunities and professional development. It has been tremendously gratifying seeing the economic impact that working with SEDA has had on our community over the course of the past five years, culminating with our community being recognized with SEDA’s “Economic Development Initiative of the Year” in 2016. Given our experience and successes in working with SEDA, we would recommend that any Saskatchewan community interested in growth and/or becoming more economically sustainable become a member of SEDA”.
Royce Pettyjohn, Former Manager of Community & Economic Development Town of Maple Creek
The Town of Unity is a progressive community located in west central Saskatchewan. Communities today must be able to pivot and morph quickly in order to meet current and emerging opportunities and respond to ongoing changes impacting our quality of life. SEDA provides accessible support to ensure we are well positioned to create a sustainable future for our residents.
– Carey Baker, Director of Economic Development, Town of Unity