COMMUNITY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CONSULTING
SEDA offers a range of services that it has refined in over 38 years of experience in community economic development.
SEDA has delivered Community & Economic Development Fundamentals to elected leaders and municipal staff for over twenty years via the Municipal Leadership Development Program (MLDP). Session participants leave ready to apply the concepts but they require a hand to take the next step in engaging local residents, identifying opportunities and establishing action plans to turn possibilities into reality.
- To meet this need of Saskatchewan communities, we have modified our ’fundamentals’ program to provide a two hour virtual delivery option. This is STEP 1 of the new actify program.
- In actify STEP 2, we will use our ThriveSask approach and work with your local residents via a virtual or in person ‘activation session’ to establish priorities and action plans. In 2018, we developed the ThriveSask asset-based action planning framework to guide community development efforts. It aims to harness the social, economic, physical, and cultural assets that set a place apart, and ultimately leads to tangible outcomes that benefit the entire community.
Community Vitality Programs
SEDA’s Economic Vitality Services bring people together to focus on opportunities, and move to action.
Our responsive programs help communities assess their competitive advantages, identify priorities, and organize for success. Inherent to community economic vitality is retaining and growing local businesses to build prosperity and create local jobs. Download our brochure for more information. Community Vitality Programs 2022
In addition to our Community Vitality Programs, customized services are available on a cost-recovery basis. Here are some ways we can help:
- Mentoring and Virtual Services: From coaching staff to developing annual work plans, we can augment your local capacity. Rates by the hour or monthly subscriptions of $500 or $1000.
- Recruitment: Assisting you find the qualified staff or contractors to move your community forward.
- Project Management: Management of specific projects and special events.
- Community Assessments: Includes review of existing plans; market scan; competitive analysis and stakeholder interviews.
- Strategic/Economic Development Planning: Developing a roadmap for socio-economic resilience.
- Implementation Support: Moving you from planning into action.
- Training & Education: Retain us for presentations and workshops.
Contact the SEDA office at 306-384-5817 to discuss how we can assist your community to thrive